Pages

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

~NEW QUOTES FROM LOVER REBORN (BDB # 10) *Spoilers*~


These quotes are all coming in via Ward on her Facebook page. I don't ever remember her putting out the teaser quotes quite so early before the books release date, however I'm not complaining. I'm now even more excited for Tohr's story on March 27/2012...


And on Dec01 Ward says...
-Okay Qhuinn has just made me get teary.

-Um... okay, had forgotten this part in Reborn. Guess not only the Wrath fans will be having a heart attack over this book. Qhuinn has quite an... issue, as it were :( BTW the Mayhem avi is because I've hit that stage in Tohr's story where all hell breaks loose.... *sigh*

Nov28
Some fun quotes today.  I can't wait to see more of Lassiter... I mean you know, get to know him better!

 "With a groan, he shoved his palms into the shimmering silver pool of blood beneath him, and flopped over like the side of beef he was.
“Wow,” she breathed.
“I know, right? Hung like a horse.”
“If you’re really nice—you live through this—I’ll promise not to tell V.”
“About my size.”
She laughed a little. “No, that you assumed I’d look at you in any fashion other than professionally."
"-Lover Reborn (I just had to finish this one lololol)


Also Nov28
Lassiter. I want to see the front of you.”
“That’s what all the girls say.”
“Do you expect me to roll you over? ’Cuz I will.”
“Your mate’s not going to like this.”
“As if that’s going to bother you?”
“True. It actually makes it worth the effort.”
-Lover Reborn (and I should mention this is Doc Jane talking to Lassiter lololol)


Nov 26-Wrath’s eyes whipped around. “V. Shut your motherf**king face. Or you’re out in the hall.”
Vishous, son of the Bloodletter, was not the kind of male anyone addressed like that. Except, apparently, for Wrath. In this case, the Brother with the tattoos on his face and the perverted reputation and the hand of death did exactly what he was told. He shut the f**k up.
Which said volumes about Wrath. Did it not.


Nov 22-She approached him slowly and unevenly and sat at the desk beside him. “I am so sorry.”
When he seemed a bit surprised, she shrugged once again.
“How can I not offer condolences in the face of your loss? In truth, after seeing you both together, I don’t think I shall ever forget how much you loved her.”
After a moment, he murmured hoarsely, “That makes two of us.”


Nov 21-Just as they were leaving, each one of the women looked back at Xcor, and their expressions suggested he was like a disease they were soon to be exposed to. He wondered who was going to get the short end of the stick when they all reconvened—because sure as the day was long and the nights always too short, he was going to have one of them.
It simply cost extra in these kinds of situations.


Nov19-As he smiled at her, his expression was that of a holy man. “My name’s Lassiter, and I’ll tell you all you need to know about me. I’m an angel first and a sinner second, and I’m not here for long. I’ll never hurt you, but I’m prepared to make you pretty goddamn uncomfortable if I have to, to get my job done. I like sunsets and long walks on the beach, but my perfect female no longer exists. Oh, and my favorite hobby is annoying the sh*t out of people. Guess I’m just bred to want to get a rise out of folks—probably the whole resurrection thing.”

Nov 18-John and Qhuinn pulled up on either side of him, and the latter glanced over. “Tell me that isn’t our new neighbor.”
“Xcor.”
“Was he born with that puss or did someone make it for him?”
“Who knows.”
“Well, if that was supposed to be a nose job, he needs a new plastic surgeon.”


Nov 17-The lesser was a new recruit, his hair and eyes and skin having yet to pale out. Lanky and twitchy, he was likely a drug user who’d suffered brain-fry—which was no doubt why he’d fallen for the pitch to join the Society.
“I’ll jump! I’ll f**king jump!”
Tohr palmed the handle of one of his two daggers and withdrew the black blade from his chest holster. “So quit yakking and start flying.”
The slayer looked over the edge. “I’ll do it! I swear I’ll do it!”
A gust gave them a blast from a different direction, sweeping Tohr’s long leather coat out over the free fall. “Don’t matter to me. I’ll kill you up here or down there.”


-LOVER REBORN

10 comments:

  1. Thanks Buggy. The Lassiter paragraph was my fav. And I see that this is the famous when Thor was fifteen cover...lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. My fav is the one with Tohr and the lesser on the roof. Love his leather coat. I can't believe she is releasing quptes already but its getting me excited for the book ...in 6 months!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey... I was looking at your new Boyfriend in my Mind pic and was wondering is that your idea of the ideal man. A body without a head....LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL Rohg...but then I thought about it, and yes that would be my perfect man. I might not be divorced if that were the case!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep...A man's head is like a Tupperware container...some of them have great stuff inside and some of them have empty air but the worse are those with the spoiled crap inside.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wrote that down in my book of quotes, Unfortunatly I married the one with the spoiled crap !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Unfortunately some of them take are OK in the beginning but do turn into spoiled crap after awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi!!! Are you going to JR's book signing in Cincinnati,March 31st?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi!! Will you be going to JR's book signing in Cincinnati March 31st?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Pamela, No I won't be attending her signing,
    I wish!! I live in Canada and unless I win the lottery its just too far

    ReplyDelete